The following message just rolled across my desk.
I removed personally identifying information from the letter for privacy sake.
From: Lynn Zambrano [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:49 PM
To: ‘[email protected]’
Subject: Acceptance Packet Letter
The following letter and mentioned enclosures have been sent to you today through US mail.
Guide Dogs for the Blind
800-295-4050, ext. 4010
We are pleased to confirm that your application for a Guide Dog has been accepted, and a place is reserved for you in our Oregon class which begins August 26, 2012 and graduates Saturday, September 8, 2012.
You will be receiving your travel arrangements a few weeks prior to your date of arrival. Please be sure you have a current government issued photo ID for your travel. Members of the training and nursing staff will also contact you approximately one to two weeks prior to class. Our nursing staff will review your medical information, including medications you require and special dietary needs. Our training staff will discuss any changes in your home or work situation which may have occurred that might affect your ability to complete the training program and work successfully with a Guide Dog.
The enclosed packet, and audio CD labeled Acceptance-Oregon in large print and Braille, includes:
1. A Guide Dog User Contract, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, and Confidentiality Policy. You may either: sign and return these forms in the enclosed self addressed stamped envelope or bring them with you to training. The Guide Dog User Contract is not valid until it is countersigned by our Director of Training, which will occur at the conclusion of your training.
2. A suggested list of items you may want to bring for training and general information about our facilities.
3. Our Smoking Policy, Code of Conduct and Communication Protocol.
4. A Training Syllabus including a description of the training program and the information that will be covered in class training and lectures.
5. Words of Advice to Family and Friends brochure.
Also enclosed is an SD card for your Victor Reader Stream which has DAISY and MP3 format class lecture material, national and international access legislation information and Guide Dogs for the Blind literature. The audio class lecture material file is “1 GDB class lecture material” contained in the $VRDTB folder. Text document versions of the class lecture materials are located in the $VRText folder.
Please review all the class lecture material before you come for training on August 28, 2012 and also bring the SD card with you for reference while in training. While you are here for training, you will be given a Victor Reader Stream unit for your use.
We are looking forward to having you with us in the near future!
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Creating successful partnerships for 70 years!
Celebrate the remarkable bond between humans and dogs.
Your generosity can change someone’s life!
Give online at www.guidedogs.com/donate today!
I’d like to thank everyone in the admissions department, and the graduates of GDB, and everyone else for there continued support and to those grads that dealt with, and will continue to deal with, the questions that come up, your patience is appreciated.